Fall Prevention: How to Prevent Falls at Home
One of the most common places where fall injuries occur is inside the home. That is why you need to hire a home care professional in Michigan to keep you safe and sound in the comforts of your home. Or you may need to implement simple home improvements to prevent falls and avoid serious injuries. Here are some tips to prevent falls at home:
- Make your bathroom fall-proof by installing grab bars in the shower stall and right next to the toilet. You can also put non-slip mats in front of the shower to prevent slips.
- Have your handyman install handrails on staircases to provide stability and support while ascending and descending your stairways.
- Remove all clutter around your home. Clear hallways and stairs from things that you could trip over, such as newspapers, shoes, rugs, and electrical cords.
- Keep your home well-lit to avoid tripping on hard-to-see objects. Make sure to install brighter light bulbs, especially in narrow hallways and stairways.
- Hire an occupational therapist to review your home environment and evaluate your health to identify factors that contribute to falls. Make sure you get quality occupational therapy services from a reliable healthcare staffing in Farmington Hills, Michigan.
At Professional Rehab Solutions, we are a medical staffing provider who will help you find the right healthcare professional for you or your loved ones. Call us now at 248-702-0888 or 586-804-3192 for more details.